The Aquarius Ultra Light Trailer (ULT) can be towed by the R2R 4×4 Rail Ranger and Rail Mule. With a gross weight of 1 tonne, the ULT is capable of carrying a 933 kg on track. The ‘ultra’ light design means the trailer weighs just 67 kg resulting in an easy 3 man lift, addressing manual handling issues and eliminates the need for additional machinery to lift the trailer on track.
The features of the Ultra Light Trailer:
- Transport up to 933 kg of tools or ‘spoil’ to and from the work site
- Integral lip on load tray to keep loads on
- Internal measurements of the load tray: 1310 mm wide x 1484 mm long
- Air brakes as mandated by RIS-1530-PLT
- Fail-safe spring applied brakes
- Lights and breakaway alarm
- 20 mph maximum travel and working speed
- 5 mph through switches and crossings
- 1 mph through raised check/guard rails
- The Aquarius Rail Mule is certified to tow 3 ULTs on track
The benefits of the Ultra Light Trailer (ULT):
- Overcome access issues: Deliver tools and equipment by rail to work sites with difficult access.
- Reduce logistics: No need for HIAB crane site delivery lorries. The ULT is a 3 man lift on to track.
- Increased payload: Gain an additional 933kg of payload per ULT.
- Productivity increased: Deliver tools and materials quickly to site due to the high towing speed of 20 mph.
- A safe solution: Fully air braked with lights and breakaway alarm. Improved health and safety as there is no need to push a trolley.
- No environmental hazard: No oil or hydraulic fluid thanks to the air brakes.