The Sand Road2Rail 4×4 (formerly called Sand Rover) is a specialist Land Rover RRV for a full scale assault on leaf fall problems on track.
Using the Sand R2R 4×4 eliminates:
- ‘Wrong side track failure’ – signalling issues due to a contaminated railhead
- Track adhesion problems that cause train overshoots and delays due to poor traction on the rail
The Sand R2R 4×4 is equipped with:
Wire Brush Scrubbers
Wire brush scrubbers to clean leaves off the rail head.
A Leaf Vacuum
A leaf vacuum to quickly clear leaves of the track and a shredder to disburse debris away from the track.
- 200mm dia. 3m length suction hose
- Clips onto tailgate for effective removal into box body
- CCTV monitoring from cab of suction hoses
- 11 h.p. engine powered impellor mulches leaves for load compaction
Citrasolve ‘Orange Juice’ Applicator
Used to apply a citrus based detergent for breaking down the leaf contamination on the rail head.
- Can be stored on board with all the other attachments
- One nozzle per track (in cab controls)
- 12 volt pump 100 litre tank
- Wander hose with lance
Sandite/Dry Sand Applicator
Sandite or dry sand applicator to create adhesion on the railhead.
- IBC containers forklift into the rear body for fast refilling
- Application unaffected by forward speed
- On and off track loaded with 600l (1000kg) tank
- CCTV remote camera monitoring for sandite applicators/nozzles
- In cab operation of on/off lever
Dry Sand Applicator:
- Dry sand application from ‘sand bombs’
- In cab controls
All four pieces of equipment can be used or a combination of them, depending on the application and your preference.
The benefits of using the Sand R2R 4×4:
- Avoid manual application – clean the railhead and apply ‘citrasolve’ at the touch of a button from within the cab
- The flexibility to concentrate on problem areas by treating it several times quickly
- Maximum productivity at a low cost