The 4 wheel drive Kawasaki Rail Mule is a compact RRV capable of transporting 540kg payload for personnel and cargo. For additional payload the Rail Mule can tow up to 3 Ultra Light Trailers each with a 933 kg payload. This vehicle is available for sale with a service/maintenance package.
The main features of the Rail Mule:
- Tare weight 1210kg; Gross vehicle weight 1500kg
- 540kg payload, including personnel and cargo
- Speeds: 20mph plain line, 10mph in reverse and 10mph towing/ propelling
- Six seats available including lap belts
- ROPS cab frame as standard
- Air brakes for safety and simplicity on towing trailers
- Single action rail wheel deployment
- Automatic forward and reversing rail marker lights
- Automatic step-less gearbox
- Diff lock
- Four-wheel drive
- Work lights front and rear
- Option to fit variable pre-set speed limiter with over-speed alarm
- PPE waterproof stowage locker
- Two seat version of the model shown;
- Or two seat short wheel model.
- Full cab versions are also available.
The benefits of the Rail Mule with an Ultra Light Trailer (ULT):
- Easy transport logistics: Easy-to-use, single action rail wheel deployment on the Rail Mule. Easy logistics because the Light weight ULT is a 3 person lift on to track.
- The Rail Mule has quick entry and exit from the bench seats.
- High rail speed: The 3 cylinder diesel engine can easily maintain 20mph on-track.
- Up to an additional 2.8 tonne of payload when used with 3 Ultra Light Trailers.