The R2R Trailer is now available for hire after achieving Network Rail Product Acceptance: NR PA number PA05/05068. Certified with a 3 tonne payload for rail, transport equipment, tools, rubber tracked plant and light weight cable troughs.
The concept is simple: the R2R Trailer, towed by a Land Rover RRV, will enable the user to transport plant and machinery from the depot direct to the track work site. The R2R Trailer will revolutionise track maintenance for small to medium tasks by avoiding manual labour or the use of expensive large road rail machines.
The R2R Trailer is a better alternative:
- It delivers to track work site from the depot
- With no transferring at the access point
- Reduces logistics with no requirement to pre-deliver machinery to the access
- Avoids expensive low loader delivery
- No vandalism and parking issues, the machine is taken to worksite in one continuous process, not left unattended
- Personnel rail transport as part of the package
- 2.4 tonne payload on road; 3 tonne payload on rail
- Loading area 1.95m x 3.25m
- Supplied with drop-sides and integral loading ramps
- Fully air braked on track
- Multi purpose as the Road Rail Trailer can be used to transport materials, such as ‘sleepers’ and ‘ballast’ on track
R2R Trailer has multiple uses from transporting light weight cable troughs and is also able to transport a variety of rubber tracked machinery and tools.