The Features of the BV1000 R2R 4×4:
- Land Rover double cab base vehicle with bespoke box body and layout to accommodate 2 BV1000 generators, a hydraulic power pack and welding equipment.
- Double cab to transport 5 personnel including the operator and MC.
- Open pick up tray so there is no build up of gases during work.
- All sensitive equipment can be stored in a cage within the cab to protect it from the weather.
- Non-tachograph, 4 wheel drive vehicle with road vehicle comforts.
- High rail speed of 20mph/ 15mph in reverse.
- Easy on and off tracking thanks to the high ground clearance.
- Proven compact Aquarius Rail-guidance system that has been used on the UK rail infrastructure since 1999.
- Electro-hydraulic rail gear actuation from the cab.
- High powered work lights.
The benefits of the BV1000 R2R 4×4:
Lower cost base per RRV
- No need for extra transport (RRV trailers, Ford Transit etc.)
- Flexibility to use for road transport duties.
- Rearward track vision for faster switching to reversing.
- Can tow load tray extensions (LTE’s) front and rear for extra kit etc.
- 1050 kg payload including driver and passengers.
- Low cab for easy repeated entry and exit.
- No tachograph – less paperwork.
An efficient solution
- Equipment and personnel are transported easily and quickly from depot to rail work site.
- Quick on and off tracking thanks to the vehicles high ground clearance and electro-hydraulic rail-gear activated from the cab.
- High rail speed of 20 mph: travel 2 miles in 6 minutes.
Improved health and safety
- No manual or double handling of heavy welding gear.
- All equipment can be stored in the vehicle at all times.
- Heavy gas bottles and power packs need not be removed except to replace at the depot when empty.